Four Years


Today marks four years since I stood in front of family and friends and pledged to love and devote myself to a man for the rest of my life. A man I had only known for two years. A man who I had fallen in love with, not knowing what that meant. 

And now, after four years, I still don't feel I have a full grasp of what love means. I know more - but I have many years ahead of me to keep growing and learning what it means to commit yourself to another for life. What true love really looks like. 

In four years we have purchased a house, began to make it our home, became parents, and are preparing to bring yet another human into this world. And at the same time, it feels like yesterday I was worrying about the number of RSVPs and the colors of our flowers. 

I am grateful to have been able to share in such a special day with our loved ones - and I continue to be grateful that I found such an amazing man to walk side my side with through so many of life's twists and turns. 

Though it may be a cliche - I fall more in love with him with each passing day:

The way he interacts with our 2 year old and is dedicated to being an amazing father. 

When a certain recipe or food experiment gets him excited. 

When he works so hard to finish a project in our home, so that we can have a warm and inviting environment for anyone who sets foot inside. 

The way he enjoys cooking for and entertaining friends and family. 

Just knowing he is there for our family and will always work his hardest to provide us with the very best. 

When he challenges the way I look at things. 

I know the best is yet to come, and I can't wait to see what that is. But for today, I will celebrate the love we share and that we were able to find each other. I truly count myself one of the lucky ones. 

Comments

Popular Posts