Happy Holiday series: part 4

This month I thought it would be fun to introduce you to some of my fellow Omaha bloggers by asking them some questions about how they usually spend the holidays. 


Today I feature Lindsay Blake from lindsayblake.blogspot.com.

Here are her answers to our fun Holiday Questions.

1. What was your best gift as a child?
I remember getting a She-Ra castle and a race car track. I loved both so much!

2. What was your worst gift as a child?
Socks. Why mom, why?

3. What is one gift you’ll never forget receiving?
I remember Santa giving me laundry soap in college. As funny as that sounds, as a college student living away from home, I was grateful!

4. When did you stop believing in Santa Clause? What is your story?
Wait, what?? 
I was the kid that loved believing in Santa. I think I figured it out in sixth grade, but continue to believe smile emoticon

5. When do you open and exchange gifts?
Before I was married, my parents and I would open gifts with our extended family on Christmas eve. Then it would be just the three of us on Christmas day morning.

6. What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
My grandma’s butter cookie. Sigh.

7. What are some of your family’s holiday traditions?
We “sing” Christmas carols on Christmas eve (no one can hold a tune). My parents and I would always go to a movie on Christmas day and then on the 26th, my dad’s birthday. I’m starting the tradition of doing advent with my son which includes ringing the Salvation Army bell with friends.

8. It wouldn’t be the holidays without _____________.
My dad making stollen.

9. What Holiday TV special or movie is a must in your family each year?
I mean… Christmas Vacation fo sho.

10. What is your favorite holiday song?
Oh Holy Night. I could cry when I hear it… Except when my family sings it on Christmas eve. It’s just horrible. We cannot sing.

11. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. Although I admit I have two or three bags under my tree currently (the gifts were too hard to wrap).

12. Real or Artificial tree?
Real!

13. When do you put up the tree? When do you take the tree down?
Day after Thanksgiving. New Years Day.

14. Do you like Eggnog?
Gross

15. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
My in-laws.

16. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Well I recently found a present I bought for Carsen during the summer (because, clearance!) But that is not normal. I actually forgot about it and randomly found it smile emoticon

17. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present?
who me?


Meet Lindsay in her own words:

My name is Lindsay. I believe, love and live deeply.

I am the momma to Carsen Warner.
Daughter to the King.
And wife to the creator of Design511.

While my days may seem mundane and monotonous to most, I am learning (sometimes the hard way) to be a better me. I drink decaf coffee with whipped cream. I kiss, laugh with and run after my adventurous toddler. I try to cook healthy food. And I use, love and build a business around Young Living essential oils.

I am an avid reader. Amateur sewer. And a huge fan of all things sports.

My degree is in Studio Art Photography with a minor in Journalism. I worked as a reporter and photographer for a newspaper. And co-authored “Act Here. Love Now.,” a culmination of stories and photographs from around the world. I love photographing labor and deliveries!

I document my son’s life with a photo each week (except when I don’t), from birth to graduation, and post it every Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts