Facebook Friendship



Do you have friends on Facebook that you've met maybe once or twice in person? Who you connect with online and then you don't see each other in person for months or maybe even years?

I love social media. It keeps me connected to friends and family who live all across the country. As well as friends and family who live in the same city but we don't see each other very often. But sometimes internet relationships can become a crutch. We can rely on the information we find out through photos and status updates instead of actually reaching out to people to spend time with them in person instead of on the screen. 

I am guilty as charged. 

Recently some friends and I decided to go on a road trip which included visiting a friend of ours whom I had only met in person maybe once or twice. We connected on Facebook after meeting a few times and over the years I have watched her life unfold from what she shared online. I saw pictures from her wedding. I followed her journey of moving to a different city. And then I watched from afar as she became pregnant and gave birth to her baby. Now, a year later, it was a delight to be able to actually develop this friendship in person. 

So, this is my challenge to you. Who is the one person on Facebook that you haven't seen in years and you would like to nourish that relationship? You should make the plan to go out and meet for coffee, see a movie, or hang out and get to know this person one on one. Not with pictures online, but in person the way we used to do it. I can guarantee you'll have a wonderful time and you won't regret your decision

Comments

Popular Posts