#bepresent

It has been nearly a month since my last blog post. Admittedly, I have many ideas flopping to and fro in my head and even a draft or two sitting incomplete. It is indicative of how my life has felt this past month. Like I am getting by on the bare minimum. We are surviving, and sometimes that is all you can do. 

Suitcases from a trip we returned from over two weeks ago sit half-unpacked at the foot of my bed. The baby's nursery in quite the same condition - with Christmas gifts and clothing sprawling out of the kid's suitcase. My once beautifully redecorated living room covered in clutter - nothing having been put away and in it's proper place in weeks. 

You see, at the end of my glorious maternity leave, our little family of four took an 8 day trip to the state of Florida to visit family and celebrate a wedding. It was fantastic. Upon our return we rushed back into our life and I back to work. Throw in two sick parents and you have a recipe for whatever our home looks like these days. 

We have yet to find our rhythm with two kids, two jobs, daycare, and a full social calendar. 

I struggle knowing what to prioritize. My hashtag for the year (because I couldn't just pick one word) is #bepresent. And I have been trying. 

When I go home, I try to soak in my time with the girls. Get some snuggles with my baby and talk about our days with my toddler. We dance, play, and laugh. Both my husband and I are really trying to savor these days that we will talk about fondly when they are too big to curl up on our laps. 

So, if I let my blog go unattended for a month. Or if I let the clutter accumulate. And when my suitcase continues to collect dust. I will remember that we were busy making memories. And also remember that I am too exhausted to care anymore... 

Comments

Popular Posts