Dear Ella (year four)



Dear Ella,

This past year I witnessed an incredible transformation in your speech, understanding, memory, imagination, and emotions. You turned from toddler into young girl right before our eyes.

Your capacity to care for your younger sister warms my heart. As your relationship with Clara blooms - I see the kind of partnership you two can develop. My prayer is that you always remember that your sister can be your greatest ally. I hope you continue to see her as your best friend.

As you completed your first year of preschool - your progress made us proud. Your teacher spoke of your demeanor and grace. We beamed at every parent teacher conference with pride for the little girl you are becoming.

Your bravery has grown - making more friends and taking strides to be less timid and more confident.

You are kind, sweet, generous, compassionate, strong, assertive, silly, and fun.

You love to sing, dance, perform, and use your imagination.

When I think about the coming years, I feel anxious to know the person you will be and curious how you will utilize your unique sensibilities. Will you use your talents on stage? Will your compassion lead you to help those with less? How will you exercise your leadership abilities?

I am more aware now that I have very little say in the person you are - but I will do my best to help shape your natural talents to benefit those around you. I promise to challenge, teach, and encourage you as you find your way.

I love you, my sweet Ella. Thank you for making me a mama.

- Mommy


Comments

Popular Posts