Dear Clara (Year Three)


Dear Clara, 

I can hardly believe that my baby is turning three! I keep asking if you will stay this size forever. My sweet cuddle bug with so much sass! Your immediate (and exasperated) answer is always, "Mommy...." with that precocious look on your face.

This past year we have seen you grow in so many ways. One of my favorite things to do with you is to talk about your day - find out your "pit & peak" - and see the world through your eyes. You are so smart and observant and your memory astonishes me. Even though every event in the past happened "yesterday."

You bring so much joy and laughter to our home. Your laugh is infectious. Your sass makes us belly laugh (even though you insist that "it's not funny, mommy"). I can already tell that your no-nonsense attitude will serve you well in years to come. 

You have enjoyed traveling with us - making road trips... a trip. You are such a trooper, always willing to go along for the ride. You have the best attitude (for an almost-three-year-old). Sometimes I think I could learn a thing or two from you about having a good attitude and adjusting to the world as it changes around me. I look forward to all the lessons you will continue to teach me.

You love BIG. Please never lose your ability to give a good "Clara Squeeze." They are the absolute best and I look forward to them. 

I love you so much, my sweet Posey. Happy Birthday!

- Mommy


Comments

Popular Posts