Anti-Valentine's Day


I have to admit that until this year I never really understood Valentine's Day. In fact, my friend Jinni and I started celebrating Anti-Valentine's Day back in high school and have been commemorating the day ever since. I am pretty sure all we did was wear black and boycott "love" - but we were 14 so we had no clue what love meant. 

And while I still hate the marked up prices on chocolates and flowers and the difficulty in obtaining a good dinner reservation anywhere- this year I was happy to get a day set-aside where I can spend some alone time with my husband. 

I remember the advice I received at both bridal and baby showers, "have one date night every week." I am starting to wonder if these are inner desires more than actual advice. Aaron and I have gone out on about 5 dates since Ella was born. She is 8 months old. 

This year I will get out of the house with my husband without the baby. 
This year I will celebrate Valentine's Day. 

Comments

Popular Posts