Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. For one, I LOVE food. I mean, some people eat to live but I, well, you know the rest... But I also enjoy sharing a meal with loved ones. This year, we decided to not make any plans as I was due the day before Thanksgiving. And now, we have a brand new addition to our family, baby Clara. 

As I write this, I am home with Clara watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while my cranberry sauce simmers on the stovetop. Aaron already picked up our Hy-Vee catered meal before taking Ella to help serve food to those who would otherwise not have a hot meal today. And last night I picked up a homemade pie from dear friends to complete our traditional feast. 

While we miss spending the day with our extended families, there is something special about spending this day with our small family and helping others. Today, I am choosing to breathe in each small moment. To try and remember what these days of having small children was like. How magical it can be to introduce your toddler to the parade, and delight in her excitement in seeing all her favorite fictional characters march across the screen as huge balloons and singing and dancing to her favorite songs. I have written about it before, but I know this is a message worth repeating. Don't forget to stop and take in all that is going on around you. 

Today, I am thankful that I am able to live this life. For my amazing husband, and our two beautiful baby girls. For our warm house and the ability to give back to others who haven't been as fortunate. For the delicious food and the privilege of having more than we need. 

I hope you are able to spend this day with those you hold dear and that you are as fortunate as I am to enjoy a warm meal which also warms your heart. 

Happy Thanksgiving!



Comments

Popular Posts