Loss


I was driving to work when I got the call... "It was a head on collision..." The breath left my body and I found it hard to breathe. The tears started streaming down my face as the reality of the situation started to sink in. Why? Why them? The most kind, generous, light-hearted, loving people I have ever known. Why them?

There will never really be an answer to that question. 

As the day progressed, due to the convenience of social media, you could feel the ripple effect go through the community of people who their lives impacted. The grief was palpable. I wasn't alone. 

Numb. 

I just felt numb. Life all of a sudden felt like a luxury. Having those closest to me here something to be cherished. I wanted to hold my daughter close. Grasp my husband and not let go. Reach out to my brothers. Take care of my parents. Not let them out of my sight for fear that the delicate string between life and death would snap. 

Times like these. Times with sudden loss are the times when we remember to cherish those around us. When we take stock of what is important and let go of the trivial. 

Oh, to live like that everyday. I try. And I will continue to try. 

Comments

  1. Sending you a hug and a prayer. There are a lot of bad things about social media, but the good is that you can feel the support when you need it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts