Training Hump

Now that you all know my inner struggle with my weight and body image - I wanted to share a little more about my current endeavor - training for my first ever half marathon.  



As I said in my previous post, I have previously run two 10ks and various 5ks in the past 4 years. I seriously never thought I would do a half marathon.  13.1 miles at a time - are you kidding me? I still think I may be a little crazy. Especially with working full time, having a very active toddler, and trying to maintain some type of friendships in my life. Finding the balance and time to train has been a challenge. It does help that my husband is also training with me. Although, this is his 7th half marathon - AND - he has run an entire marathon before. Let me tell you, when you are completing at least a 5k each week starting with the second week of training - you know this is serious stuff.  By the end of training, I will have run twenty eight 5ks and seven 10ks, with my highest run being 12 miles two weeks before the race.  

For all you rockstar runners out there - you read those numbers and think, "that's no big deal - what a refreshing way to start my day."

For me - I see those numbers and think, "I am insane. What am I doing to myself?"

But, here we are - I am hoping that it starts to get easier... any day now right?

Comments

Popular Posts