Three


I held onto my father's arm and listened as the music changed. It was time. The doors flung open and a wave of emotion swept over me. The tears flowed as I locked eyes and walked down the aisle to the man who had changed everything when we had met 2 years prior. 

That was 3 years ago today. Today we celebrate our anniversary. 

Three years doesn't feel very long in the grand scheme of things. But, I believe that every year of a marriage should be celebrated. And the beginning of your love story should be remembered. 

This past weekend, my husband and I took time out of our busy schedule to make sure we reconnected, reflected, and rejoiced in our success. As anyone who has been married knows, marriage can have it's ups and downs and it is so important to take time to celebrate the ups. It can make the downs that much more manageable. 


Last week I was speaking with my grandmother and reflecting on the 60 years of marriage she enjoyed with my grandfather before his passing. I told her that was a real accomplishment. To which she responded, "the years actually flew by." What a wonderful sentiment, as I know that not all those years seemed it at the time. They, too, had their challenges, but their commitment to each other never wavered. 

As I think about my grandparents' 60 year marriage and about my parents about to celebrate 40 years, I hope that Aaron and I will be able to mark those milestones. My grandma is certainly sure we will make it at least 60 years too. I think she's right. 

In the meantime, I will celebrate the last three. They have been pretty great. 

I love you, LOML. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts