Goodbye, 2015. Nice to meet you, 2016.

2015 was certainly an interesting year for me. As I look back I am amazed by how it feels like so much has happened, but that it also feels like nothing has changed. 

My mantra for 2015 was “take it all one day at a time and enjoy the journey.” 


I am happy to say that I was able to stick to this through a lot of stressful situations. I was able to stay in the moment more. I chose to dictate how I behaved in certain situations, not as a reaction to the circumstance, but in direct relation to the person I wanted to be. 


I found that when I started to choose to have a certain attitude it became more and more natural. If you choose to stay calm, you will find yourself naturally being calm in stressful situations. 


So, for 2016 I have chosen the following mantra: A peaceful person has a good attitude in every situation.


It is my hope to be at peace no matter the situation or circumstance. To allow myself to accept the hand I am being dealt with grace. To have an inner calm about all I am going through. And to be present in all life's small, perfect moments which feed the soul to overcome the challenges. 

Here's to you, 2016! 

Comments

Popular Posts