Adventures in Food: Le Bouillon

Photo Courtesy: Le Bouillon
When it was delivered to the table, it seemed simple enough. A brioche bun with a thick burger, smothered in a cheese sauce topped with a homemade pickle. Once I placed the top bun on and went to cut the burger in half was when I realized I may have some issues eating it - it was rather tall. But then I took my first bite. The perfect blend of three meats, a warm and gooey cheese sauce with just the perfect amount of tang from the pickle to break things up, and top it off with a slightly sweet and substantial brioche bun to hold it all together, this burger didn't stand a chance. Yes, the homemade kettle chips and simply dressed salad were delicious too but I NEEDED more of that burger, I couldn't put it down. 

This was just one of those restaurant experiences that I knew I found a favorite food. 

The location: Le Bouillon
The time: A weekday lunch

Ever since Le Bouillon opened it's doors in the old French Cafe space in the Old Market are in Omaha in May, 2014, my husband had wanted to get down to check it out. Unfortunately, a lot of our dining out opportunities happen at lunch time, particularly in this part of town. So, it wasn't until Le Bouillon decided to open their doors to the lunch crowd in the wake of the tragedy at neighboring M's Pub that we were able to experience the new culinary creations of Chef Paul Kulik at his newest restaurant. 

We had dined at Boiler Room before, but we wanted to check out his French inspired menu in the new space. 

The space is bright and inviting, much like it's friendly staff.  With original artwork by Sam Mercer (former owner of the French Cafe) on the white painted brick walls, and the Niki de St. Phalle Tree the centerpiece of the decor. 

The lunch crowd has yet to discover the location, but I believe that as the construction cones start coming down and the streets open up again, the crowd with find it's way to the pleasing flavors and lovely atmosphere at Le Bouillon. 

Comments

Popular Posts