Patience


I would like to request your forgiveness for the vagueness of this blog post. Sometimes things are difficult to share until the time is right, and healing has had it's time to set in. But, at the same time, when the heart is full, it is difficult to write anything other than genuine emotions.

I have tried. I currently have 12 unfinished blogs sitting in my draft folder. I get an idea, and then while I am writing, I get blocked and don't know what to write next. Distracted by what is really on my mind. 


This is how I have been feeling about this season of my life. Stalled. Incomplete. But, I just keep going because there is no other choice. I have a husband, daughter, friends, family, co-workers, who all depend on me to keep showing up. Keep getting through the days. And even though I may feel stuck, the days keep going by steadily around me. 


Maybe this is ok. Maybe I need this season to teach me something. 


I have a daily calendar of inspirational quotes sitting on my desk at work and two of the quotes that have popped up recently have been helping me through some hard days. 



Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things. 
- Henry Ward Beecher


If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.
- Dolly Parton

I hold onto them as I physically hold on to all the wonderful things around me and remember how blessed I really am. I will never get these moments back if I worry too much about what the future holds. I know I need to stay present and have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to, in due time. 

So in this season, I will practice the very thing I am trying to teach my busy toddler - patience. Maybe we can learn it together. 



Comments

Popular Posts