Titles


The other day while reading a news story, there was a woman who was described as a 32 year old mother of two. I immediately pictured someone older and wiser, someone with far more life experiences than myself. And then it dawned on me - I am a 32 year old mother of two. And then I wondered to myself, when did I become an adult?

But, why is that what the author chose as the descriptor for this woman? I am sure there is much more to her, so many identifiers to choose from. For me, I am also a wife, a co-worker, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a writer, and the list goes on. 

And it got me thinking, who am I to those around me? How would people choose to describe me? In what light do people see me in? 

All I can do is strive to embody the way I would like to be perceived. I hope to be a kind and supportive wife. A patient, loving, and wise mother. A generous friend. A dedicated co-worker. A caring daughter. A thoughtful sister. An inspiring writer. A compassionate human being. 

Yes, there are the cold hard facts about who I am in my life. But, I would like to be described by how I make people feel. 

I ask you, what impression would you like to leave with those who surround you? 

Comments

Popular Posts