Celebrating Me

Today is a day to celebrate me. 


That may sound selfish, and in a way, it is. But that is OK. Birthdays are a day to be selfish. Do all of your favorite things. Accept praise and adoration from loved ones. Cash in on free offers for treats from restaurants. Cherish generous gifts. Live in the moment. 

If you have been reading this blog at all in the past two years, you will know that I love birthdays. I love making people feel special on their day. And, in turn, I love feeling special on mine. 

I deserve it. You deserve it. We all deserve to feel special from time to time and what better time than on your day of birth. A celebration of you coming into this world and (hopefully) making it a better place. A placeholder to rejoice in all you have accomplished, overcome, learned, and completed. A time to dream about what the future may hold and to create goals to get you there. 

Today I celebrate a year in which I was able to accomplish many things:

I gave birth to my second child


I launched a blog series about infertility which inspired many to share their personal stories to help others with similar struggles. 





I celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary


I received a promotion and celebrated 8 years with my firm



My family overcame struggles, heartache, and new beginnings as a result


We spent time with family and welcomed new members into our families through birth and weddings


There is so much that one year can hold. Some things were planned, and many were not. But I can hold on to this: with each new year, comes new opportunities to continue growing. 

I am excited to know what this next year will bring for me personally. But I do know one thing: in a year, I will celebrate again. 

Happy Birthday to me! 

Comments

Popular Posts