Birthday

Today I turn 31. 

 
Last year when I turned 30, unlike some people when they reach that age milestone, I wasn't upset about it. I was ready to shed my 20s. I had grown so much in that decade but it wasn't all so easy. It was time to move on.

So far, my 30s have been pretty wonderful. 

This year, my favorite part of celebrating my birthday was the day off I took with my husband. One of the many perks of my job is you get a day off for your birthday. In the last two years, Aaron has also taken the day off to spend with me. This year, we sent Ella off to daycare and spent a day just the two of us.

We slept in (as much as you can with a 9 month old) and went to breakfast at Over Easy (I wanted the homemade pop tarts!).  We then walked around Target for an hour picking up odds and ends and enjoying each other's company.  We decided to both get haircuts before we headed to our scheduled couples massage.  After which, the salon offered me a free makeup touch up.  We meandered over to my fave, Dunkn Donuts, and then lounged around the house until it was time to pick up Ella from daycare. Then, we took a family walk to enjoy the gorgeous weather. To top it all off, we then grilled and sat down to dinner together as a family. 

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday party. 

My life has changed so much since the big birthday blow-outs of my 20s. I am sure there will be a time again when that will be my desired celebration. For this season, I am enjoying the simple pleasures. 

Comments

Popular Posts