Curiosity of a Child



This was my daughter this past weekend, drunk on her blocks.  Living her life care-free. Her only care in the world was getting MORE BLOCKS! 

When I am laying on the floor playing with my daughter, I try to make sure that I am present. That the most important thing in that moment is soaking in all that she is at this age. Right now, she is at an amazing stage. Every moment is a discovery for her. 

This weekend, she stared at her stacking toy her grandparents brought her last weekend during their visit. The different colored rings stack from largest to smallest on a wooden rod. For the most part she simply enjoys banging the rings together, but this weekend I caught her studying the yellow ring with the hole in the middle and then she would bang it against the rod. She knew that somehow these two items belonged together, but could not figure out how to connect them. I hopped down to the floor to show her how the toy worked. 

Moments like this are priceless while my child is so young. I know that these years are fleeting and I want to try and make the most of them. 

Everything is new to her. The world is so exciting. What a privilege to be a witness to her growing curiosity of the world around her. 




Comments

Popular Posts