The Luckiest

Ok, it's brag time. 

My husband is the best. Not just for me either. He is simply the best. He cares immensely for people. He has a huge, giving heart. Many of the things he has done for others will never be seen, acknowledged or rewarded this side of heaven. He is humble, kind, generous, funny, thoughtful, handsome... 

How I got the privilege of being his wife, I will never know.  But, I am so glad I left my phone number for that cute waiter. Have you ever heard the story of how we met? 

I was stage managing the production of "Mame" at the Bellevue Little Theater in September, 2010. The next day was Karen's, one of the cast members, birthday and we all wanted to hang out after the Sunday matinee to celebrate. Another cast member, Katie, suggested we go to Rock Bottom in the Old Market since they have tables with taps built into them. I thought our waiter was pretty cute and decided to start flirting with him.  Honestly, it was not uncommon for me to flirt with a waiter, but there was something slightly different about this one. At the end of the meal, I told my friend Katie that I was thinking of leaving my phone number for the waiter - she quickly encouraged me to do so.  I did leave my number alongside a very cheesy and embarrassing note - but it worked! He called me that Tuesday. 


I do not know what compelled me to leave my phone number - call it fate, luck, divinity - we both know it was "meant to be."  Over the years as we have discovered our paths before meeting are very similar, we have aligning values and interests, we just seem to fit!

Let me tell you, I thank my lucky stars that Aaron is in my life.  I couldn't imagine living this crazy life with anyone else.  Oh... and we make pretty cute babies together...:) 



Comments

Popular Posts