Ella's First Easter


I love Easter. Everything about it - from Jesus to the Easter Bunny. 

I love the reminder it brings about the reason for my faith.  There is something very solemn about Good Friday service that brings you to a reflective place until the ultimate celebration that comes on Sunday. 

This year has been even more fun as I get to introduce Ella to the spiritual side as well as the silly side of this holiday.  While we didn't make it to see the Easter Bunny this year, I tried to give her as much of this holiday as was appropriate for a 9 month old.


I purchased her a few cute items for her Easter basket.  I picked up some plastic eggs and filled them with some of her puff snacks. We took all her toys off her blanket in the living room and scattered the eggs for her to "hunt."  She was a little unsure at first but Aaron and I showed her how to open the egg and get the treat inside. She was more interested in sticking the plastic eggs in her mouth and shaking them to hear the treat rattle inside. I think her favorite item from her basket was the yellow grass at the bottom. 

This year Aaron's brother, AJ, came into town to spend the weekend with us, so we hosted Easter dinner and invited my parents over as well. I took great joy in decorating the table, complete with a centerpiece of the eggs we dyed.  

 

Dinner would not have been complete without Jello eggs.  My mom started making these eggs years ago, and last year we celebrated Easter separate from my parents and it just didn't feel like Easter without them, so we purchased molds of our own which I used this year as well.

 

As a person who loves traditions and is sentimental - Easter is a wonderful holiday for me.

I hope you enjoyed your time this weekend with those you love. 

Comments

Popular Posts