Dear Ella

Dear Ella, 

I cannot believe you turn one today! This past year has been a whirlwind. You were constantly growing, changing, and discovering the world around you - and I was just trying to keep up with you. 

What a first year of life this has been for both of us! We made it through so many changes, challenges, celebrations, and lessons. We made it - and I couldn't be more thrilled to be celebrating you! Unique, curious, ambitious, adventurous, beautiful, silly you! I am so privileged to be your mama!

There is so much that you did this year - traveled to Florida, went on a hot air balloon ride, visited Universal Studios, went to your first Nebraska Cornhusker football game, celebrated all your first holidays, took your first steps, said your first words, sang your first notes, and captured the hearts of many - including your dad and I. 

Tears fill my eyes when I think of how brave you were this year. Your dad and I decided that we would continue to live our lives and take you along for the ride - and you were quite the trooper. I can't wait to continue to show you the world!

Your dad and I also learned so much this year. But in the end, the simple things like feeding you, comforting you when you cried or couldn't sleep, dealing with your ever changing schedule and needs, and caring for you were just a small part of it all. In the end, we know that this year marked the beginning of something very special - our little family unit. 

When your dad and I got married - we had so much fun being a married couple - and then you came along and made us a family. 

Thank you for being a unique and special addition. 

I love watching you discover the world around you. How you repeat the things I do and the sounds you hear. You are so observant (which I am sure will get me into trouble one day). I am excited to see more of your individual personality emerge over the coming years. 

Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet girl. 

I love you - now and forever. 

Love, 

Mama

Comments

Popular Posts