Father's Day

For Father's Day, I asked my husband if he would like to write a guest blog. He truly is the best father, and he makes parenting look easy. Please read and enjoy his take on his first year of fatherhood. 



I learned a lot from my Father and I am grateful for all he and my mother did for my brothers and I growing up. When we told them we were having a baby they were so happy, both for me and that they would finally be grandparents. My parents will be the first to tell you that I have wanted to be a dad for quite a long time.

Last year, 4 days before Father's Day in fact, I was blessed with my own child. I was by Christi's side the whole time we were preparing for delivery. Including the hour when we toured the 7 flights of stairs multiple times to help progress things. I tried to be supportive and encouraging and say all the right things. I was engaged enough that it was just one nurse and myself with my wife the whole time she was pushing. I thought I had prepared myself for everything that would happen that day.

Then Ella was born. The overwhelming emotion that I felt the moment she was born I could never have imagined. I was speechless, on the verge of tears, happy, amazed, the list could go on.

Those first few days were quite a whirlwind of activities and emotions. Followed by many weeks of sleepless nights and incomparable exhaustion. I couldn't have been happier.

This year is Father's Day number two for me and Ella is now a year old. I wouldn't have made it to this point without a supportive wife, family, and friends. It is true what they say that it takes a village to raise a child and I believe we have surrounded our child with a 'village' of wonderful people that Ella will learn from and grow to become an amazing person.

Thank you all for your help and support, especially my wife, I couldn't have done this without you.

- Aaron Leupold

Comments

Popular Posts