Adventures in Food: Oma's Deli


It's official: I have a new favorite lunch spot. Oma's Deli. A hidden gem on the corner of 13th and Leavenworth. 

A few weeks back, my boss told me about a new lunch spot right up the street from our office that is worth checking out. A quiant place tucked into the large brick building which also houses a storage facility and yoga studio. 

photo by: Oma's Deli
I have had the occasion to experience a number of Chef Austin Regier's recipes - among them the chicken salad sandwich, complete with a pistachio gremolata, and topped with prosciutto - divine. I may be a repeat offender of ordering the ham and gruyere sandwich to go. The combination of the crusty bread with the chive butter and dijon make this sandwich, for lack of a better term, finger licking good. 

My most recent order was a beet and goat cheese sandwich. Combined with the tart balsamic reduction, this combination of flavors was perfection and highly satisfying for this meat eater. And, I was informed that they are soon to begin dinner hours. 

But beyond the out of the box lunchtime offerings, the hospitality goes above and beyond to make you feel like you are walking into "Oma's" kitchen. Everytime I have set foot inside, I have been greeted by friendly faces and kind words. 

I would highly recommend this location to anyone. Although, part of me wants to keep this little secret to myself. 


Comments

  1. I love finding new places to try! I rarely get downtown but I am putting this on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts