This Kid

My child makes me laugh everyday. As she observes and learns about the world around her, her revelations are refreshing and at times quite comical. 

I have been trying to remember things as they happen, but I really should start writing them down so I can remember one day. 

Here are a few of my favorites as of late:

On becoming a big sister... 

Ella: Let's go to the store 
Me: What do you want to get at the store? 
Ella: Um, baby sister

The other day she was using a computer lint free cleaning cloth as a diaper and she was trying to diaper her dolly. She got quite frustrated and kept asking me for help.  

On cooking... 

She insists on being in the kitchen whenever anyone is cooking so she can help. 

... This does not mean she will eat what she helped to cook (those celebrity chefs are liars). 

She loves to chop, stir, and anything else we give her to do.  

On animals... 

At the zoo, her favorites are the giraffes and elephants. 

When a shirt gets stuck around her neck, she thinks she is a lion. 

She will stop anytime she hears a dog barking and announce it. 

She will chase the birdies so they will play with her. 

She loves turtles. 

She likes to hop around the house saying "ribbit" like a frog. 

On fashion... 

She was helping me sort through her shoes and found a pair of boots that will fit her this winter. She proceeded to put them on and walk around the house in her underwear and boots. My husband and I took the opportunity to drape a guitar around her and pose her like the "Naked Cowboy" from Times Square. 

She is obsessed with her new pink shoes she picked out at the store the other day - she finds them and puts them on all the time. 

She MUST pick out her own clothes these days. 

On beauty... 

She will only allow me to do her hair while she "sorts" through her ponytail holders... a.k.a. takes them all out of the container. 

She insists on doing makeup with me everyday (I don't even wear it everyday) - the other day she found some blue eye-shadow that she used as blush. 

When I put her hair in braids, she boasts that she looks just like "Anna" from Frozen. 

On her O.C.D... 

Listen, she may or may not get this from me (ok, she gets it from me). 

Everything has a place and there is a place for everything. And if you don't do it just so she will let you know. 

She lines up the chairs from her small table set in a perfect line right in front of our entertainment center. For no apparent reason. 

The up side to this: 
- She puts her dirty dishes in the sink and/or dishwasher
- She throws trash away
- She picks up her toys
- She helps make her bed
- She cleans up the above mentioned ponytail holders
- She puts her shoes away in her closet
- She puts dirty clothes away in her hamper
- She wants to help with EVERYTHING - which can slow you down but I definitely don't want to discourage this habit

There is so much more to her very distinct and fun personality but these are just a few of my favorites :) I am so lucky to have this front row seat to her development. I know many parents would agree. 


Comments

Popular Posts