A look back at 2014

Have you ever gotten to the end of a year and thought to yourself, "What did I even do this year?"  I find the older I get, the faster the years go by and it is hard to keep track of what you are doing from year to year.  

My law firm does something at the end of each calendar year which I find inspiring.  We complete a comprehensive review of the past year, celebrating all that was accomplished by all members of the firm.  It wakes you up to see how much you actually did in the past year and allows for celebrating and focusing on the positive and not on what resolutions fell by the wayside in February.  

The last 3 years Aaron and I have taken this practice and applied it to our personal lives. Here are just a few snippets of what we will celebrate from 2014:

Began and finished our kitchen renovation

Ran the Color Me Rad 5k

Aaron completed the Lincoln half marathon

Played in our Bocce Ball league

Ella was born!

Aaron attends a Husker game with his dad and brothers

Ella was baptized, and lots of family came in town!

Went to Nebraska City for our two year anniversary celebration

Went on a hot air balloon ride!


You can include so many things - events attended, trips taken, and even special things for your family.  I rely on my calendar from the year and pictures I have taken.  I have seen people write significant things down and keep all the notes in a jar that they read at the end of the year.  I find it fun to save the information to read years later.  As I started the list for 2014, I enjoyed reading our list from 2013.  

2014 was a fantastic year.  Becoming a mother was clearly the biggest thing for me personally.  I am looking forward to all the fun things we will get to share with Ella in 2015.  


Comments

Popular Posts