Oh, Brothers.

I have three brothers and no sisters.  Growing up, I wished and wished for a sister.  I was a little disappointed when my baby brother was born because he wasn't a girl.  However, being the only girl in the family - as well as the only granddaughter on one side of your family - can have it's advantages.  

At Christmastime I was sure to get the newest and best gifts from my grandmother - from the latest Barbie to a brand new American Girl Doll, I was very spoiled. However, when you do have three brothers, you are always knocked off your pedestal quickly.  They are quick to remind you that you are not special, you are just one of the kids.  

But, I felt like one of the boys.  I learned so much from them when we were children and I continue to learn from them.  I couldn't imagine a life without all three of them, their spouses and their children.  It has been fun to be adult siblings, even if we do all live apart.  

Today, we will all be united under one roof to celebrate Christmas.  Over the years we have added to our family - three in-laws and 4 grand-babies.  My mom will be in heaven seeing her growing family come together.  

For me, I will love being back together with the men who grew up with me, teased me, stood up for me and loved me.  There are some things in life that only siblings can understand, and I am so happy that I ended up with three pretty amazing men as mine.  


Kind
Patient
Funny
Loving
Smart
Successful
Hard Working
Honorable

Just a few words to describe them.  I love them dearly... and I can't wait to spend a weekend with them and their families!

Comments

Popular Posts