Dear Ella

This was one of the ideas I had for my guest blog back in September - but we went in a different direction.  Without any edits, here is it in it's raw form... 

Dear Ella,

I still can’t believe that I was chosen to be your momma.  Even after only a few months, you have changed my life so much.  I am writing you this letter so that you can always know how I feel and what I want for you. 

I love you and I always will, no matter what.  Life will throw a lot at us both, and it may not look the way either of us expects.  But I will love you through it all.  You can always know that my love will not fade.  My love for you makes my heart burst.

There will be so many outside influences on our relationship.  I may not always like the choices you make, and you will probably be embarrassed by the ones I make.  I may not always be fashionable in your mind and some of the new styles you wear may make me cringe.  You will date, fall in love and have your heart broken.  Girls at school may not always be nice to you, and make you feel less valuable than I know you are.  People will disappoint you, circumstances will not be ideal.  Life will happen. 

One thing you can always hold on to is the love your mother holds for you.  I will be there to pick up the pieces and hold you while you cry. 

I will make mistakes.  You will make mistakes.  Please know that I always want to do the right thing, but I know that I will fail.  Please forgive me.  I know that in your journey to be your best self, you will also make mistakes.  Your mistakes will not change the way I feel about you. 

My dream for you is that you will strive to be your best self.  That you would find the things that make you unique and genuine and you will let those things drive you down your path.  It took me a while to figure out who I truly am and how I can be the best contribution to myself and others.  But when I started to figure it out, I felt like I was finally comfortable in my own skin.  It was like coming home.  Not every day is perfect, and you should know that.  But, once you find yourself, I know that the world will be yours for the taking. 

Never underestimate the value of hard work and dedication.  Nothing in this world will be handed to you.  I hope you will have observed how hard I work and how dedicated I am to being my best self.  I do this for me and I do this for you. 

When I first held you in my arms after you were born, I was hit with a wave of emotion and this overwhelming sense of responsibility.  You were mine and I was yours.  No matter what, I will always be your mom and I do not take that lightly.

Always be kind.  Always be genuine. Always be you. 

I love you more than you will ever know. 

Love,


Mom

Comments

Popular Posts