Vacation

I haven't posted a blog in two weeks, and for good reason. I went on a vacation. 

When I was a child, my family would pack up the car every summer and head east to spend a few weeks with our family at the New Jersey shore. We were able to bond with our cousins and run amuck on the unsuspecting residents of Seaside Park.

Now that we are adults with our own families, every few years we make our individual treks to the shore for a week spent with family. These days our kids get to bond with each other and run amuck at the shore. 

This year I chose to not rush and relish in the small, significant moments. 

Standing by the shore, listening to the waves crash on the sand as I rock my child to sleep. 

Listening to my nephews' delight filled laughter as they jump over waves and build (and destroy) sand castles. 

Digging my feet into the sand while exchanging stories with aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings. 

Fighting the crashing waves while bonding with my father and brothers. 

Exchanging stories on the wrap around porch over our grilled dinners each evening. 

Savoring the cheesy goodness of the slice of pizza as large as my head. 

Watching my daughter discover the thrill of playing in the same white sand beaches that I grew up with. 

Strengthening decades old relationships with family and witnessing the new generation begin theirs. 

While many things have changed over the years, the fact that these cherished people are my family remains the same. I enjoy how our relationships have evolved while remaining familiar and comforting. Enjoy some pictures of our week below. 


Comments

Popular Posts