Happy Holiday series: part 1

This month I thought it would be fun to introduce you to some of my fellow Omaha bloggers by asking them some questions about how they usually spend the holidays. 


Today I am featuring Kim Reiner from http://www.ohmyomaha.com, check it out!

Kim writes a hyperlocal blog called Oh My! Omaha, where she shares fun things to do with and without your kids in Omaha and beyond. She says she can’t live without theater and concerts; outdoor adventures like hiking, camping and running (sometimes); movies; art; reading; failing at many DIY things found on Pinterest; travel; and food (maybe a little too much). Check out her answers to our silly Holiday questions!

1. What was your best gift as a child?
I loved getting a Teddy Ruxpin.

2. What was your worst gift as a child?
Underwear. Never give a kid underwear.

3. What is one gift you’ll never forget receiving?
Our first Christmas as newlyweds, my husband gave me a necklace he had specially made. It had part of a song lyric I love, the same lyric that was printed on our wedding invitations.

4. When did you stop believing in Santa Clause? What is your story?
No idea. I’m the youngest of four kids, so I’m sure my siblings spoiled it early on.

5. When do you open and exchange gifts?
We open one gift – Christmas PJs – on Christmas Eve, and everything else on Christmas Day.

6. What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
All of them.

7. What are some of your family’s holiday traditions?
We do the 12 Days of Christmas – sometimes I give my family little presents like a Christmas book, other days we might have a family movie night or drive around to look at lights. It’s a surprise each day for the kids.

8. It wouldn’t be the holidays without _________________.
At least one viewing of “Christmas Vacation.”

9. What Holiday TV special or movie is a must in your family each year?
See No. 8.

10. What is your favorite holiday song?
“O Holy Night” gives me chills when the vocalist hits that final high note every time.

11. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper.

12. Real or Artificial tree? 
Artificial with the lights already on it. 

13. When do you put up the tree?  When do you take the tree down?
It goes up on Thanksgiving weekend and comes down around New Years Day.

14. Do you like Eggnog?
Nope.

15. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
I have one sister-in-law that’s always tough.

16. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Mid-November usually.

17. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present?
Guilty.

Comments

Popular Posts