Happy Holiday series: part 3

This month I thought it would be fun to introduce you to some of my fellow Omaha bloggers by asking them some questions about how they usually spend the holidays. 


Today I am featuring Ragan Melton from www.meltonstravel.com

Ragan is a southern girl living in the mid-west. She and her husband love to travel, go on new adventures, and rescue as may dogs as possible. She enjoys sharing her life, travels, pictures and tips through her travel blog, Melton’s Travel.

1. What was your best gift as a child?
I received a license plate one Christmas, it was my only gift under the tree. My Dad then put me in the car and we drove to his friend’s house where he opened the garage and inside sat a 1996 GMC Jimmy with a big red bow on it!

2. What was your worst gift as a child?
I honestly don’t remember a “bad” gift. My Mom gets me tons of “stocking stuffers” except they aren’t in a stocking, they are wrapped. One year, I unwrapped mints and tea light candles. It’s been a joke ever since!

3. What is one gift you’ll never forget receiving?
I will never forget receiving a ring from my Mom one Christmas, it was my birthstone ring wrapped in a small jewelry boxed inside tons of other boxes. It was a complete surprise and fun trying to find it!

4. When did you stop believing in Santa Clause? What is your story?
I stopped believing in Santa around the age of 6, I figured it out for myself and asked my Mom if he was real. She was very matter of fact and said “No.”

5. When do you open and exchange gifts?
My husband and I open and exchange gifts whenever we can find time! We love to try and do it Christmas morning if we don’t have other family parties scheduled.

6. What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
I love a fun shaped sugar cookie with icing!

7. What are some of your family’s holiday traditions?
When I was younger and living at home my family opened a gift a night the week before Christmas, it’s one of my favorite memories!

8. It wouldn’t be the holidays without _______.
Going to see a movie on Christmas day.

9. What Holiday TV special or movie is a must in your family each year?
Christmas Vacation!!!! My husband and I watch that movie every year, it never gets old!

10. What is your favorite holiday song?
I’m not a huge fan of Christmas music. Maybe “Baby its cold outside?”

11. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper!!!

12. Real or Artificial tree?
Artificial, I’m allergic to the real thing.

13. When do you put up the tree? When do you take the tree down?
I put up the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I take down the tree December 26th.

14. Do you like Eggnog?
No thanks!

15. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
My Grandmother!

16. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
January of the next year?! I’m usually done Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving.

17. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present? 
I have never “recycled” a Christmas present but I’ve “recycled” lots of wedding gifts….shhhhh! 

Comments

Popular Posts