Happy Holidays! Final Interview

Alright, you heard what all the other bloggers had to say, so here are my answers! I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas with your loved ones.
1. What was your best gift as a child?
I remember waking up on Christmas morning to a new Minnie Mouse kitchen set and Little Tykes table and chairs. I loved it!

2. What was your worst gift as a child?
Nothing sticks out in my mind.

3. What is one gift you’ll never forget receiving?
My uncle who was living in Australia at the time purchased some children’s books which were popular there, “Snugglepot and Cuddlepie.” I felt so cool having something that none of my friends had even heard of.

4. When did you stop believing in Santa Clause? What is your story?
Truthfully, I don’t ever remember actually believing in Santa Clause.

5. When do you open and exchange gifts?
Growing up we were never allowed to open a gift until Christmas morning – no even one, no matter how much we begged. Now, my in-laws only open gifts on Christmas Eve.

At our house, we create our own Christmas Eve and morning to open gifts since we are usually with extended family on those days. This year we had our own Christmas Eve and morning last weekend and it was magical.

6. What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
I have a special fondness for chocolate covered peanut clusters that my mom makes. They are simple but so delicious.

7. What are some of your family’s holiday traditions?
Ever since I can remember, we always watched “White Christmas” and ate finger foods on Christmas Eve. I can quote the entire movie (and so can my brothers).

8. It wouldn’t be the holidays without _____________.
Bing Crosby playing on vinyl.

9. What Holiday TV special or movie is a must in your family each year?
My second favorite Christmas movie is “Christmas in Connecticut.” It is a charming black and white starring Barbara Stanwyck.

10. What is your favorite holiday song?
This seems to be the consensus of everyone I interviewed but there is something undeniable about the power of “O Holy Night.” See my blog from last December when I got the chance to sing it with my father-in-law.

11. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. And I usually set a theme each year that I follow. This year is tan kraft paper with different color ribbons (red for my side of the family and green for my in-laws).

12. Real or Artificial tree?
Growing up is was all real. But I don’t have the energy for the upkeep so now we do a pre-lit artificial tree.

13. When do you put up the tree? When do you take the tree down?
I put it up as soon as I can after Thanksgiving and we usually take it down on January 1st, so that we don’t have any Christmas left when we celebrate my husband’s birthday on January 2nd.

14. Do you like Eggnog?
I do not like the pre-packaged stuff but a few years ago I tried my Uncle-In-Law’s homemade eggnog and it was truly amazing (and yes I know it includes raw egg yolks.)

15. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
My sister-in-law. But she knows she is picky so she won’t mind me saying so. Love you!

16. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I do a little all year round to spread out the cost. But there are always those last minute things I end up picking up.

17. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present?
No… but I have returned a few. J

Comments

Popular Posts