'Tis the Season


I love Christmas. The lights, the songs, the snow, the spirit. Everything. There is something wonderful that happens in the month of December that, to me, is intangible. 

Magic. 

I am aware, also, of the pain this season can sometimes bring. The increasing awareness of the empty place where a loved one once belonged. The memories of what used to be. 

But, I know that for me, and for many others, this season can also bring healing. New traditions can be born out of loss. Stories of old can come alive again by witnessing the joy of young ones experiencing them for the first time. 

This year is my daughter's second Christmas - but the first one where she will be more aware of what is going on around her. Already I have seen her eyes grow large at the sight of the lit up Christmas tree in her room. We laid under the tree in our living room, looked up at the lights, and I could tell that she knew something special was happening. 

I am excited to experience Christmas anew through her eyes. May we all re-discover the magic this holiday season!

Comments

Popular Posts