Everything I Need to Know


This is my daughter's current favorite book. We will find her sitting on her glider in her room flipping through the pages and exclaiming words from the pages she has memorized. The other day I found myself quoting the words as my husband read to her in the other room. 

It actually is a wonderful book with a great message. It reminds you to do things such as frolic and daydream. It offers advice on how to make the most out of the everyday and mundane. It's a children's book that we could all learn a thing or two from. 

Parenthood has been teaching me many valuable lessons. I have learned what is truly important and to cherish that above all. With my time limited, I have zoned in on focusing on the important parts of life - and anything else can wait. In this season, I choose to focus on time with my family and my personal health and happiness. 

To some this can feel selfish, but I have learned that this is most important. And this book has confirmed I am doing the right thing. 

My daughter's book teaches me to: 

treat yourself

tell your children you love them

be a hugger

kiss

go dancing, any kind of dancing

stop and smell the strawberries

do no harm

take a mental health day now and then

look up and savor the seasons as the roll around

learn something new

The simplest things are often the most fun! 

And I aim to heed the advice. I encourage you to do the same. Like the book says, dare to explore - what's out there for you?


Comments

Popular Posts