Dear Ella (Year Two)


Dear Ella, 

I cannot believe another year has gone by and you turn 2 today! 

Just typing that sentence makes me well up with tears and burst with pride for how much you have learned and the little girl you have become. 

Just a year ago you were on the verge of walking and starting to babble new words. You were growing from baby into toddler. When I look back at pictures of you from then, I can't believe how much you have grown. 

Now, you run and jump like crazy - we sometimes have a hard time keeping up with you. You talk up a storm. You know so many words and are putting together thoughts and sentences so well. Although some days it can drive your dad and I crazy, we are so proud of how smart you are and how quickly you catch on to new things. 

This past year there were some hard days too. When you get sick, it makes us very sad. We worry about you, especially when you don't know exactly how to tell us what hurts. But, those late nights when I rocked and sang you back to sleep are some of my favorites. I know these days with you being this small and needing us like you do are fleeting. 

Just this past month you have made us extremely proud with how you learned to potty like a big girl. It is times like this when we know you are going to be a great big sister. Your little sister is going to be so lucky to have you to look up to. 

I remind myself everyday how lucky I am to be your mother. To have a front row ticket to your life. To contribute in any way I know how. Your curiosity for life fuels me to see the world in new and exciting ways. Your spontaneous dance parties show me how to let loose and enjoy the moment. The way you observe and then replicate amazes me every day (and also keeps me in check!).

I am excited what this next chapter will bring for our family, and for you. I know you will be a caring and nurturing big sister. You were our perfect first child. I know you will always be there to take care of your sibling.

I love you so much baby girl. You bring me so much joy. I am so proud to be your mother.


Happy Birthday, Boo Boo! Mommy loves you (more). 


Comments

Popular Posts