Hard Days


There are those days in our lives when you aren't sure how you will make it through. Ones that you wish you could simply crawl into bed and when you wake up the bad things are all over. 

Days when the pain, confusion, unfix-able life moments seem so overwhelming that you are not sure if you can physically stand it. Times when you want to scream, cry, and turn back time to make it all better. 

These are the hard days. The days that somehow we get through. We put one foot in front of the other and before we know it - it is tomorrow. And with each passing day reality sets in. And eventually, things seem to get a little better. 

I have no answers for these types of days. All I know is that somehow, by the grace of God, I have survived every single one. I have learned from them and been able to move on into the new reality created by these circumstances. 

I recently had one of these days immediately following a top day. A day full of celebration, laughter, and love. Two days in a row, completely contrasting in emotion. But, isn't that how life is? The highs and the lows, the current of life that washes over all of us. 

My one constant? My family. The people I share big hugs and belly laughs with are the same people who hold me when I weep and listen when I ask, "why?"

There is no cure for what life throws at us, but when we hold on to those we love, it makes it a little easier. 


So, I will hold them tight. I will love them often. I will wipe their tears. I will not take for granted how blessed I am with those who are in my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts