Yes, I am THAT mom.

My daughter is amazing, beautiful, spunky, cute, squirmy, adorable, silly... I will stop there, but I don't have enough words to describe her or how I feel about her.  I see a picture or video of her and I think my heart might explode out of my chest.  Multiple times a day I stop myself from posting another picture of her on social media or from gushing about how much she fills my heart in a status update or tweet.  So, for all my friends on social media - it could be worse!

I remember when I was single I cringed every time I saw someone constantly post about their wedding plans or how much they loved their significant other.  When my friends started getting pregnant, I privately became annoyed by their pregnancy updates and weekly bump watch pictures.  And then when the babies came, some people were blocked because of their constant posts about motherhood and what their baby had done that day. 








I am guilty.  I now feel so silly for my reactions to my friends and their online behavior. I get it now. I am that wife. I am that mom.  

I am sorry. 
I am not sorry for being the same way.

While social media seems to have changed things, think back to the days when you would see someone out and about, ask about their lives, and immediately the sleeve of pictures came out of the wallet or purse to brag on their children or significant other. Social media has simply broadened the audience and made it a little more convenient to share with the masses.  

The biggest news in my life right now is my daughter and being her mother. If you were to ask me how I am, she will be the main topic. My only regret is not fully supporting and cheering on my friends when they were in my shoes before. I wish I had celebrated more. 

Now, I revel in anything that brings those I am connected to joy. When people are happy, it makes me happy.  

I hope that when I share my joy it brings some into your life as well!
  

Comments

Popular Posts